Welcome to Mustard Seed Ministries
Personal Choice, is now in its fifth year of this exciting 5 year project which continues to offer a valuable service to the older people in our community addressing the barriers, social isolation and inequalities experienced by older people (50+) improving their well being and independence.
The services we offer have expanded and include:
- Drop in Information & Advice Centre
- Lunch Club
- Prime Time (social group)
- Trips out to places of interest
- Patchwork and Quilting
- Computer Club (IT training)
- Job search and support prior to retirement
- Friday Social Drop in
Personal Choice are pleased to announce that we now support ‘Chat over Chai’, a cross-cultural social group for anyone aged 50+. Chat over Chai runs very similar to Personal Choice’s Prime Time, and is a great place to go for a friendly and fun sessions. ‘Chat over Chai’ sessions involve health talks, advice, support, interesting speakers, and exciting activities.
Personal Choice recognises that older people and their relatives and/or carers particularly in our area need more accessible information, advice, support and opportunities for social integration to address the problems of economic and social deprivation and improve their independence and well being. We want to offer a holistic service with the older person at the centre offering time to discuss issues, explore avenues and provide the information, advice and support they need to make their own decisions. Beneficiaries can expect confidentiality, one to one and ongoing support, advocacy, input from professional bodies, on a wide range of issues.
We aspire to:
- To provide equality of service provision irrespective of social standing, race or gender
- Provide the most professional specialised service for the elderly in Portsmouth
- Empower the older person to remain independent and in control of their own future